岗位名称:Vice President - Merchandising
Experience: Director or above
Functions: Management, Houseware, Sourcing, Strategy/Planning, Supply Chain
Industries: Houseware, retailing
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative houseware vice president to join our business operations located at our Shenzhen or Shanghai office. As the merchandising VP, you will:
- Leads houseware sourcing and product development activities to achieve both strategic and operational success.
- Ensures alignment with the overall trading and agency sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of supply and to constantly increase productivity, reduce costs and prepare for future sourcing challenges in the area of responsibility.
- Develop and implements global, regional & local houseware sourcing principles, standards and processes.
- Develops strategies and direct the activities of cost reduction efforts at the local, regional and global levels.
- Leads talent management for trading and agency business team by coaching and mentoring local and oversea staff.
- Leads the elaboration and implementation of the houseware Global Sourcing Strategy in line with overall Customer Sourcing Strategy to ensure supplier leverage, optimal risk management, contract and agreement harmonization, best practice sharing, and external spend optimization.
- Establishes and leverages vendor relations.
- Ensures continual supply of products which meet established standards and manages supply risk by determining when additional or alternate sources are required.
- Implements sourcing risk management and devise risk mitigation measures in order to ensure continuity of supply.
- Initiates and completes Vendor Agreements, as well as Quality Agreements as needed.
- Coordinates the preparation and negotiation of sourcing contracts with the vendors.
- Ensures business unit organizational effectiveness and efficiency at benchmark level.
- Ensures appropriate capabilities through training and development programs.
- Works with every level of customer to ensure alignment of strategy and goals.
- Implements Lead and Learn, Talent Management and mentoring for assigned team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management; or Technical Degree with Business Minor. Degree in MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive global sourcing or supply chain experience for multinational retailer environment required.
- Prior experience in demanding customer service is strongly required
Prior experience in the following functions is required
- Supply Chain and logistics Management
- Houseware category expertise
- Sourcing and Project Management
- General knowledge in US and European quality Regulatory requirements for houseware is required.
- Knowledge of the China, South East Asia (SEA) and India multisource business, market conditions, and competitive landscape.
- Expertise in related sourcing strategies and practices, in particular for houseware as well as global houseware manufacturer competitive landscape, in particular opportunities and risks of emerging market sourcing.
- Expertise in mass merchandise cost modeling and supply negotiations throughout product lifecycles.
- Understanding of the cost drivers and sourcing landscape throughout supply chain, i.e. raw starting materials, work-in-process, finished products.
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor, and coach others to create an environment open to change to effectively manage and develop staff at multiple sites.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in order to resolve sourcing problems and challenges.
- Ability to effectively present technical, budgetary or cost information and to respond to inquiries or issues from employees, managers, executives, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to present in a professional manner.
- Ability to write English correspondence in a coherent argument.
- Must have extensive knowledge of sourcing principles and practices to develop sourcing strategies.